Why Join Us?
Everything you need to know about Sporting Bears membership
Established in 1989 Sporting Bears or the Bears as we are known, are a fun and inclusive club of car enthusiasts. In the Bears everyone and all car types are welcome. Even if you don’t have an interesting car, you can join us, volunteer at our events, and join in the fun.
First and foremost, we are a traditional motor clubs that loves to do all the things car clubs normally do such as car meets, driving tours, track days, and static displays at all the best motoring events in the UK. However, our primary goal and what makes us so unique, is to raise money for UK children’s charities and to put smiles on faces.
Our volunteers give up their time, and expenses free of charge to ensure that 100% of all donations goes to our supported charities and the club is run on our membership fee and through the support of our sponsors.
Much of our fundraising is achieved through our now famous Dream Rides®. This is a ten mile/20-minute passenger ride in exchange for a minimum donation. We do this at over 50 events a year and includes large shows like CarFest, Silverstone Festival, The British Motor Show and both NEC Classic Car Shows. We now raise up to £300,000 each year and we have raised over £3,000,000 to date.
Close to our hearts is our visits to our charities and our closed Dream Rides® events where we invite our charities and the families they support, to give them a day of respite and these passenger rides are provided free of charge.
Membership gives you access to the following …
- Our Dream Rides® fundraising events at the UK’s best motor shows.
- Our closed Dream Rides® events giving respite to our charity families.
- Regular Social Events, Car Meets, Driving Tours and Trackdays organised by your Regional Organisers.
- Members only discounts arranged with our partners who provide reduced rates on Driving Experiences, Hotels, Car Insurance, Halfords Retail Stores & Autocentres, and many other products.
- Club Magazine and monthly Email Newsletter.
- Club Shop where you can purchase club branded clothing and other products.
Membership starts at just £25 a year so if you love your car but want to use it in aid of some very worthwhile causes, with a group of like-minded enthusiasts then click here to sign up today.
Mike Brewer On Why You Should Join Sporting Bears
The discounts and benefits of being a Sporting Bears member
- A-Plan Insurance Services provide bespoke rates, free legal expense cover and a donation for every policy
- Lancaster Insurance Services - provide bespoke rates and public liability cover to the club.
- Halfords provide 8% discount in all retail outlets and other regular monthly discounts across the stores and Autocentres
- Spax - provide a 10% discount on their suspension products
- Branded Clothing is available from both Workwear Online and Magellan
- Eventbeds - provide us with discounted hotels, holidays and concierge service.